WELCOME

Welcome to the English blog!!

sábado, 20 de noviembre de 2010

VERB TO BE

El verbo 'To be' se corresponde a los verbos españoles "ser" y "estar".
I am English / Soy inglés
I am in England / Estoy en Inglaterra

Tiene algunos usos especiales.

- Sirve para expresar la edad, en cuyo caso se traduce por 'tener':
Mary is 20 years old / Maria tiene 20 años
I am 21 / Yo tengo 21 años
How old are you? / ¿Cuántos años tienes?

- Para expresar las sensaciones también se emplea el verbo 'to be' y equivale al 'tener' español.
Are you hungry? / ¿Tienes hambre?
He is thirsty / Tiene sed

- También para hablar sobre el tiempo atmosférico. En este caso se traduce por 'hacer'
It's windy / Hace viento
It's very cold / Hace mucho frío



ACTIVITY 1.

Complete with the verb 'To be':


1. These bags_____ heavy.
2. I _____ an engineer. My wife _____ a nurse.
3. This house _____ not very expensive.
4. My books_____ on the table.
5. ______ you a good teacher?.



ACTIVITY 2.

Translate these sentences and write in negative and question form.

1. Yo soy española.
A:
N:
Q:

2. Mi hermana es alta y guapa.
A:
N:
Q:

3. Ellos están en el colegio.
A:
N:
Q:

4. Él es mi hermano.
A:
N:
Q:

ACTIVITY 3

Translate these sentences into Spanish.

- My mum is 35 years old and my father is 34 years old
- Are you from England? No, I´m not.
- My favourite colours are purple and orange.
- The lion isn´t in the grass.
- The princess is very happy but the prince isn´t.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario